What exactly is crisis contraception?
As an example, a condom has split or perhaps you’ve missed a supplement.
There are two main kinds:
- the crisis contraceptive tablet (sometimes called the after pill morning)
- the IUD (intrauterine unit, or coil)
There are 2 types of crisis contraceptive capsule. Levonelle has got to be used within 72 hours (3 days) of intercourse, and ellaOne has to be studied within 120 hours (five times) of intercourse. Both pills work by preventing or delaying ovulation (launch of an egg). Crisis contraception is the best taken at the earliest opportunity to work.
The IUD is placed to your womb up to five times after unsafe sex, or as much as five times following the earliest time you can have ovulated. It may stop an egg from being fertilised or implanting in your womb.
Crisis contraception will not force away intimately sent infections (STIs).
Crisis contraception self-help gu > Find away more about ways to get crisis contraception and where you might get it.
At a look : factual statements about crisis contraception
- Both forms of crisis contraception work well at preventing maternity if they’re utilized immediately after non-safe sex. Not as much as 1% of females whom make use of the IUD have a baby, whereas pregnancies following the crisis contraceptive tablet are not quite as unusual. It’s believed that ellaOne works better than Levonelle.
- The earlier you are taking Levonelle or ellaOne, the greater amount of effective it shall be.
- Levonelle or ellaOne will make you’re feeling ill, dizzy or tired, or offer you a hassle, tender breasts or pain that is abdominal.
- Levonelle or ellaOne could make your duration early in the day or later than usual.
- As you will need to take another dose or have an IUD fitted if you’re sick (vomit) within two hours of taking Levonelle, or three hours of taking ellaOne, seek medical advice.
- If you are using the IUD as crisis contraception, it could be kept in as the regular contraceptive technique.
- It can make your periods longer, heavier or more painful if you use the IUD as a regular method of contraception.
- You might feel some vexation whenever IUD is place in – painkillers can help alleviate this.
- There aren’t any s that are serious< Continue reading “Crisis contraception can possibly prevent maternity after non-safe sex or should your contraceptive method has unsuccessful”